About IDP Education
IDP Education is a world leader in international student placement services and a proud co-owner of IELTS (International English Language Testing System).
IELTS is jointly owned by The British Council, IDP: IELTS Australia and Cambridge English Language Assessment. Since its launch in 1989, IELTS has become the world’s most popular high-stakes English language proficiency test.
Who Are We?
- 1969 IDP Education is established
- 1989 Launch of IELTS
- 1996 IDP owned by Australian universities
- 2006 SEEK Ltd acquires shares of IDP
- 2009 IDP launches multi-destination strategy
- 2015 IDP Education lists on the ASX